Monday, July 30, 2012

Staple Pieces: Part Two

I'm soooo into summer right now, too bad it's over half way over!  Oh well.  I am going to get it out while I can!  Today I wanted to talk about a staple piece that is close to my heart right now which is the "little white dress".  When it comes to summer this piece of clothing is a must have.  I found this dress at the gap and LOVED it so much I didn't even mind the $60 dollar price tag:



It started out a little two short, so I added some lace to give it more length while keeping that bohemian feel.  My extender slip would not have worked with it unfortunately since this dress is more ivory than white.  I guess I need to call it my "little ivory dress" ;P.  I lucked out because it has an underskirt that I was able to easily attach the tiered lace to!

(Dress: Gap $60, Bracelet: heirloom, Shoes: Delia's $20, Necklace: Repurposed Wooden Hand-Painted Tree ornament from my grandmother ;)

I also did a remix on it to show how it can work for fall, paired with a cute textured cardigan and mocassin boots.

(Cardigan- Tabitha's Boutique $30, Shoes- Minnetonka/Gift $59)

For those that are not into the babydoll look, simply adding a belt at the smallest part of your waist takes it into a more feminine shape.  Normally I would have used a thicker belt, to give more emphasis to a larger span of waist but my span is pretty small these days ;).

(Belt: Forever21 $5)
So there it is, the remix for the "little white (or ivory) dress".  It's well worth putting a little money into so that you can have this versatile piece in your wardrobe, the possibilities are endless!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm inspired! I'm going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best sense of fashion. Did you steal mine or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so in love with the way you added the lace. such a lovely addition. the dress is so perfect now. i wish i could sew!!!

    ReplyDelete