Thursday, January 25, 2018

Creating an Entryway...

When we looked for a house I really wanted a grand entryway....enter my price range, wasn't going to happen.  In my future home!  Until then I had to make what I had work.  I love entryways because they are an introduction into your home.  They make that first impression.  I also love a long and wide entry so people don't get stuck at the front door, especially if a large group is trying to enter.  I get claustrophobic and getting caught in an entryway makes me panic. 

All that said our house gets right to it, no romancing here, you enter the door and BAM you're in the living room.  So I worked some magic with furniture placement, put some hooks by the closet for easy hanging and a runner to entice people in the door.  It's a lot easier to get people to the bench now that a light shag carpet isn't looming the way, that was one of my big reasons for getting the wood floors, durable enough so that people felt comfortable not taking their shoes off right at the door.  You CAN but you don't HAVE TO (unless you are my children or husband;) I love our little entry way, complete with reading nook, bench, coat racks and a growth chart! I love that people can come in and feel welcome and don't have to get trapped at the door. You can even get caught up talking and have several places to take a load off. Love it!












1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your entryway! it is a seamless introduction to the rest of the house. Your reasons are well thought out, and I enjoy seeing how you put your ideas into action!I never thought that there was a PLAN behind your entrance- I just know that I can relax the second I step inside!

    ReplyDelete