Monday, October 8, 2012

Ultimate Quiet Book...


After seeing so many amazing "quiet books" on the wonderful world of Pintrest and seeing the amazing job my sister in law did making one for my daughter I was inspired to try my hand at the craft.  I drew from a few different resources, but my main muse was this adorable clothing fastenings quiet book from "Forty-two Roads".  It appealed to me mainly because I don't know how to put in a zipper yet (I know, I'm lame) but I thought, "what better way to cheat having to put in my own fastenings then to take apart old clothing?".

I had a lot of fun doing this, it didn't actually take me too long either.  Maybe a couple of obsessed sewing days;). I lined each page with fleece that I had left over from a car-seat cover I made for Lucy a million years ago.  All the pages were out of random scrap fabric I had lying around.   I cut them out using a 12 x12 scrapbook piece of paper as a pattern.  I also used some felt I already had (who doesn't just have tons of that lying around?  I always do)  The only thing I had to purchase for this book was some velcro for the fastening around the book and the number buttons as well as some iron-ons and a few pieces of thrifted baby clothing.  The total cost came to about eight dollars!  Not too shabby!















6 comments:

  1. super cute! my kids have already destroyed the quiet book I made for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah, Lucy's working on destroying it, I think all she could do to it would be to lose the pieces, which are pretty replaceable, good thing cause I didn't really think that through;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is amazing! I love the page where you can make a face a la Mr. Potato Head. Great job!

    http://curlyhaircurlyperson.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too proud of you to SPEAK! So MUCH creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now I see what you're talking about--awesome! I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across this and STILL love it! You are a great mom of FOUR now ( with nonstop Harrison squeaking under the wire!) so I can SEE why this is on hold until you are old and gray... although I am busier now than ever! I love what you are doing and how you are prioritizing your life! Keep on, keeping ON!!!

    ReplyDelete